France’s Alize Cornet said she is as yet stressed over Chinese tennis player Peng Shuai and that she needs greater clearness in regards to the previous duplicates of world No 1’s circumstance.
Peng’s prosperity turned into a question of worry among the worldwide tennis local area and privileges bunches when she seemed to claim that a previous Chinese bad habit chief, Zhang Gaoli, had physically attacked her before.
The Women’s Tennis Association suspended competitions in China because of worries over her wellbeing and said her public appearances didn’t address or ease worries about her security.
Peng then, at that point, said last month she had never blamed anybody for physically attacking her, and that an online media post she had made had been misconstrued.
Zhang has not remarked on the matter.
“I’m still somewhat stressed over her,” Cornet said later her first-round misfortune to Naomi Osaka in the Melbourne Summer Set on Tuesday.
“I need to say that the present circumstance actually causes me to feel awkward, and I don’t have the foggiest idea how she’s doing.
“I truly don’t have the foggiest idea what to consider it any longer. I don’t have the foggiest idea where is reality and where are the untruths.”
Cornet was one of the primary players to show her backing for Peng under the hashtag #WhereIsPengShuai and a large group of current and previous players, including Osaka, Serena Williams and Billie Jean King, joined the calls trying to affirm she was protected.
“I’m truly glad that this large number of individuals followed me and the turn it took was truly startling, similar to the response of (WTA CEO) Steve Simon and all that followed was incredibly colossal,” said Cornet.
“I don’t know that it changes something (for Peng). It’s difficult to know what the impact was on her circumstance. It’s not exceptionally clear … I’m simply remaining optimistic and trusting that she’s fine. I believe I don’t have the ability to accomplish something else.”